Saturday, July 16, 2011

It's Time For New Adventures

I officially moved to Phoenix, Arizona on July 1st, whether I was ready or not the move happened. My parents and I packed up my dad's truck and my car and headed east. I was the first to arrive at my new apartment, and I fell in love instantly. That first taste of having my own place was oh so sweet, and I was excited. My roommate was coming from Wisconsin so it took her a little bit longer to arrive, but when she did I knew we were going to get along fabulously. I moved with no furniture whatsoever, so it was air mattress time for the first couple of days. It's weird starting from scratch, but it's also nice because I can ultimately make my apartment just the way I want it.

When my parents finally went home and I was on my own for the first time, it was weird, but I was also excited to do my own thing and start to figure out a new city. It was hard at first because I really didn't know anyone except my roommate, but we are slowly starting to make new friends and once school starts I'm sure it will get even easier.

I'm back in San Diego for awhile just because I know once school starts I won't be able to come home as often. I'm really excited to see what the next year brings in Arizona and at Arizona State University, but for now I'm going to enjoy being in my comfort zone for just a little bit longer.

New beginnings are on the horizon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you leave me comments!