Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pros and Cons

So I've been in Arizona for almost exactly a month (technically only about 2 weeks since most of this month was spent back in San Diego because I'm a baby), and I have some strong opinions about the pros and cons of Arizona versus San Diego.

Pros:
+ I have my own place
+ Arizona has really nice freeways and roads
+ Lots of good food options
+ I love love love my school with a huge passion
+ I get to start over
+ I am one step closer to my dream here, as opposed to staying at home
+ The heat
+ I've gotten super tan

Cons:
- My family is in San Diego, roughly 300 miles away
- My friends are in San Diego, same as above
- I'm away from my comfort zone
- I miss home cooked meals from my mom, I cannot cook for the life of me
- More responsibility, I don't want to grow up (who does?)
- I still don't know where anything is, so I navigate pretty much everything (this isn't that bad, just not great)
- The weather in San Diego is so much more bearable
- I miss the beach
- Back at home I could always count on someone to come get me if needed, here I don't really have that luxury


Well I ran out of things, so it looks like the cons have one more than the pros, but I expect this list to change over time of course. I really can't complain though, nothing is horrible here and things look up every single day. I'm looking forward to the day where I don't go through these pros and cons in my head and I am equally happy in both San Diego and Phoenix. I guess I have to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you leave me comments!