Saturday, February 18, 2012

Memory Loss

I finally saw The Vow last night, and it was good in the sense that it made me cry. I'm a sucker for sappy love movies that make me cry and make me go "aww". That's about as lovey dovey as I get. That's not the part of the movie that stuck with me though, it was the part where Rachel McAdams' character loses part of her memory. Sorry if you haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure you gathered that information from the preview, or you're just an idiot.

Her character wakes up after an accident and forgets a huge chunk of her life, and goes back to being the person she was a few years prior. This got me thinking, what if I lost my memory right now and woke up feeling like the person I was a few years ago. Sometimes we forget how far we've really come, and how much we have changed. I even feel like I've changed in the past six months, which is crazy to think about. The past couple of weeks have been rough, and I have been negative about where I am in my life. When put into perspective though, I have come so far from where I was a couple years ago, and for that I am so thankful. Sometimes it's hard to think about all of the people who are no longer part of our lives, but we have to remember that we outgrew them. Some people aren't meant to be apart of our whole journey, but just a small part to help propel us into the person we are supposed to be.

You will always have more growing up to do, everyone does, but when you start feeling bad about where you are in your life or with certain things, just remember where you've been and reflect on how far you've come. After all, life is about the journey, not an end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you leave me comments!