Thursday, August 18, 2011

First Day at ASU

I had my first day of classes today at Arizona State University, and it was pretty much what I expected. I always have a love/hate relationship with the first day of school. I love that you don't really do much and aren't expected to have read or done any work for once, but I also hate that it is so boring that it almost seems pointless.

This morning I got up pretty early so I could have time to eat breakfast, maybe watch some TV (my favorite), and then be able to actually do my hair and makeup decently. My friend Maria, whom I met in San Diego at the Sun Devil Send Off for our area, and I went to Starbucks this morning and just caught up and chatted about everything. She's super sweet and we have the same major and share a love for theater.

After that I had to walk about 4 blocks to another building where my philosophy class was, and I am so thankful for my dorky hand fan that i bought at Wal Mart, because it was about 110 degrees this morning and it only got hotter. I think I'm really going to like my philosophy class, it did not disappoint. Basically what I learned today is that life is one big problem, isn't that an understatement.

I had to walk very fast to get back to the Cronkite building for my sociology class, and I made my first mistake of the semester. I looked at my schedule in my hand one more time before walking into the class. It was already pretty full so I ended up basically climbing over people to get to a seat that was in the middle. Right after I sat down I look at the projector and it said I was in a psychology class, so I had to get back up and climb over the same people and leave to try and find where my class got moved to. Once I found the correct classroom I got a seat on the end, thank goodness, and tried not to fall asleep. I think the class will be interesting, but today I was just not feeling it.

My last class was 3 hours later at the Tempe campus, so I went back to my apartment and had some lunch before taking a nice little nap. I left a little early to have my first light rail experience by myself. On the way, some students from Cronkite asked me if they could interview me about some construction that is going on, and since I love being on camera (reason number one why I am a broadcast journalism student), I agreed. I finally made it to my American sign language class, and it is definitely my favorite class so far! When class was over and I walked outside, to my unpleasant surprise there was a dust storm starting. I was not happy since I still had to walk about five blocks back to the light rail and then walk again back to my apartment after getting back downtown.

Now that today is over, I'm exhausted. Time to have a fun weekend before the madness really begins next week!

xoxo,
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you leave me comments!