Friday, August 26, 2011

Nostalgia Nonsense

"I never realize how much I like being home, unless I've been somewhere really different for awhile." - Juno

I have been feeling extremely homesick and nostalgic lately, not a good mix at all. During the week it is really easy to keep myself from missing home because I am usually busy with school. On the weekends is when I really lose it, and if I talk to my mom and she brings up that she misses me or I say I miss her, the tears start to roll. I know this is completely normal, but that doesn't make it any easier.

On top of missing home, I became really nostalgic for the past today. I only allow myself to do this once in a blue moon, because I don't think people should dwell on the past too much, it truly hinders you from going forward. Tonight was my night for that yearning of what used to be and what could have been if things went differently. For the first time I scrolled down to my very first post on Facebook and started reading all of my old statuses and what people wrote to me. It was very fun to read, but some of it made me really sad. It's never easy when thinking about old friendships and relationships and how you no longer have those people in your life, at least not in the way they used to be. Although some of it made me sad, a lot of it made me laugh and just reflect on good times. I also saw how much I've grown, and how much my life has really evolved.

I think it is important to remember when thinking of the past and where you are now, that things really do happen for a reason, even if you don't see the reason at the time. You will eventually get it and it will make so much sense to you.

This has helped me deal with my current situation, because I know I am here for a reason, doing what I need to do to have a better life in the future. So here's to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you leave me comments!